Damn. It has actually been a full year since the last release of Rogue Effect. This version is a pretty good one, though -- almost feature-complete. I quite couldn't get saving/resuming in as I was trying to get rid of two major bugs that keep resurfacing: Biotic Charge crash and occasional infinite loop when going to score screen after game end.
Sep 18, 2016
May 8, 2016
Dropbox decided to disable Drakefire Chasm's download link(s) (and to my files in general for too much traffic?). I don't know why exactly but maybe it was the trojan false positive many antivirus software have started detecting in the latest version since last summer that had something to do with it.
Mar 8, 2016
It sure is looking much like last year at this point. I would probably be further if I hadn't started rewriting stuff. I also made the will and sanity bars animate like I have in my super secret project but it didn't look as good so that was time wasted. Instead I made them simply lerp between a dark and brighter color.
Mar 6, 2016
I'm a bit hesitant to make this post given how my attempts at the 7DRL Challenge for the last three years have been seriously lacking in success. I didn't even bother declare the failures for the last two since they really got no where before I gave up.
Sep 20, 2015
I got to working on this release only on last Friday and thus didn't quite get everything in I had planned. But I didn't want the Annual Roguelike Release Party go by without a release, especially since it's been so long since I have gotten anything out. So here's Rogue Effect v0.5.5.
Aug 29, 2015
The latest updates (or some update within the last two weeks or so) to Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender made them detect Drakefire Chasm as trojan. As far as I know, this is a false positive. The v1.3.2 zip has been sitting in dropbox unchanged for about 1.5 years and is quite unlikely it has suddenly become a trojan in there.
Mar 10, 2015
Yesterday wasn't too a productive day for the 7DRL. I ran into many issues that severely hampered my progress. I think Visual Studio's compiler may be partly to blame. I think it doesn't tolerate my shenanigans as much as the one in Dev-C++ does. The latter IDE didn't seem to like Win 8, however – it is pretty ancient after all – so I decided to try VS instead.