Mar 6, 2016

Third Time's the Charm (I Hope)

I'm a bit hesitant to make this post given how my attempts at the 7DRL Challenge for the last three years have been seriously lacking in success. I didn't even bother declare the failures for the last two since they really got no where before I gave up.

But I decided I should try again using the same idea. I'm slightly more prepared this time as I wrote a "design doc" at some point during last summer. It's not as extensive as I thought it was, though, (maybe I lost the full version?) but I can surely make it up as I go.

Code-wise I don't have that much of a headstart because -- like I said -- I didn't get very far previously. I did check my last year's source, however, and after just some minutes of debugging I found the main reason for me giving up last year. I can't believe I didn't found the cause for crashes then. Maybe this year that won't happen.

But yeah, my 7DRL attempt this year is called -- once again -- Checkmate in Rouge. A battle against chesspieces, inspired by American McGee's Alice games. I'll be using C++ and libtcod (as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment