It's time for a release again. It's long overdue and the next one will probably take just as long. So don't hold your breath. I do plan to get Rogue Effect to 1.0 during the next year, though. And I sure do hope I succeed 'cause I'd really like to work on something else for a change.
The main things I will add in future versions are 12 new player classes (3 per release) and a small achievement/challenge system for the final 1.0.
A word of warning: While testing this release on my netbook just minutes ago, I noticed that spawning Engineer's Combat Drone might crash the game. I tried to fix a bug yesterday and apparently made it worse. Unfortunately I also made it the default power for the class earlier. I will probably do a stealth release (v0.5.1) soon, but in the mean time I'd suggest avoiding the Human Engineer.
Download: Rogue Effect v0.5.1 (Windows)
v0.5 - 2014-12-31
* Three new player classes: Human Sentinel, Infiltrator, and Vanguard
* A death/victory screen
Changes and minor additions:
* Added many stats to the character screen
* Enemy damage no longer scales with player level
* Most attacks have now a force value that may cause enemies/the player to stagger
* Being flung back by powers now damages enemies
* Melee attacks no longer ignore shield gate
* Enemy melee attacks now generate a message
* Human Engineer now starts with one point in Combat Drone instead of Overload
* Non-consumable items and stairs to the next level are now shown on the radar when the current level is clear from enemies
* Changed the color of weapon benches to red
* Doubled the durability of weapon benches and counters
* Tweaked the appearance of the main menu a bit
* Finally fixed all remaining display errors in the objective info (I hope)
* Turn counter wasn't working properly (which caused all kinds of silliness)
* Some of Frag Grenade's evolutions weren't applying their bonuses correctly
* Combat Drone can no longer be spawned outside the player's field of vision
* Many powers were displaying their recharge speed incorrectly if power recharge bonus was negative